Openez templates

planecrazy

Let me ask this-If someone has the real longez templates- Can they just make copies and charge for that price only to help other guys get the correct templates to continue this wonderful aircraft and we will have builder support between us.I ask this because I have copied the openez templates and the dumb ass people where I live do not know what the are doing and can't get it right( tick marks) one place wanted$65 for one copy of one template.I paid $300 dollars for Terf cd and can't get any place in town to get it right with templates.I have the plans for a cozy#1569 bought before I found openez project I would rather build a longez.I want have any passengers anyway - don't need a 4 seater just want to build a canard.Are maybe someone with a good heart will share templates-I not looking for handouts but have spent almost $2000 on foam,peel ply,flox,glass bubbles,gloves,mixing sticks,yall get the picture.And I don't know what to do. Sorry got of line,anyway can it be done with out being sued.Since Burt said he would not pursue anybody building his design.let's quit wasting time and get some squadrons flying.thanks for any replies bad r good:)!

Hi there, I hope this helps, but I took my open-ez templates on CD,to either Office Depot or Staples, ( been a while). I asked if they had the capabilities to print to the specific paper size, and then had them print out a single page, and checked the dimensions on it. Things were spot on, so I had them print the whole batch, seems like it took a couple of hours ( so I went to the movies) and the total cost was less than 50 dollars. These companies usually have the printers need to print blueprints so they are used to printing large scale drawings that are dimensionally accurate and the price is right.

Sorry, I thought of this after I posted the above, but also go ahead and print the open-ez templates on your home printer on either legal size paper or just regular paper. I find these not-to-scale drawing handy for lots of reasons. First you get the practice of joining multiple sheets. Second they are much easier to handle when you are in the studying, pre-build phase. Third you can mark them up, make notes, write out questions that need clarifying or more study, while keeping your full size templates clean and clear. Hope this helps. Anthony

Sorry, I thought of this after I posted the above, but also go ahead and print the open-ez templates on your home printer on either legal size paper or just regular paper. I find these not-to-scale drawing handy for lots of reasons. First you get the practice of joining multiple sheets. Second they are much easier to handle when you are in the studying, pre-build phase. Third you can mark them up, make notes, write out questions that need clarifying or more study, while keeping your full size templates clean and clear. Hope this helps. Anthony

i found it invaluable to scan my book/M's for a drawing of a part, then spray glue it right to the front of my material.ie 2021 AL then cut t shape.

the cool part is i never had to cut the book/M's drawings.

Steve M. Parkins

Thanks for the advise Antonio4231.Did you use tiff or pdf files?And I have about 20 copies of each template in tiff and pdf (did not want to loose the chance to get them if you know what I mean hehehe!!.also load ed on to memory stick with the terf cd even printed plans off home printer to read and update(I have read them over 5 times just like my cozy plans the more I read the more I uderstood them I could build them fast I eyes shut I am ready.Again thanks- looking to meet new builders.KOOLRAY

• 2 weeks later...