Cleaning out the Epoxy Pump

lhendrick

I have to take a pause in my building to move. I have removed the resin and hardener from the pump reservoirs, and I was wondering what to use to pump through the pump to cleanse it? Do I have to take the pump apart to clean it properly? I did notice as I pumped the last of the fluids out that the handle is slow to return to top position and worry that the metering is affected. It is a Michaels Engineering pump with MGS 335.

Thanks.

Larry Hendrick

Canardiologist

Cozy Mark IV Started 2/12/2009 - Now on Chap. 6

http://web.me.com/lhendrick/Cozy_MkIV/Welcome.html

Metering is not affected.

I would flush it with acetone. White vinegar works well but the acetone does a better job and will evaporate faster.

If in doubt, call Michaels. They are a very helpful bunch.

(Note: If you look at the procedures for using the hand pumps, they recommend the process I outlined above between uses)

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I have to take a pause in my building to move. I have removed the resin and hardener from the pump reservoirs, and I was wondering what to use to pump through the pump to cleanse it? Do I have to take the pump apart to clean it properly? I did notice as I pumped the last of the fluids out that the handle is slow to return to top position and worry that the metering is affected. It is a Michaels Engineering pump with MGS 335.

Thanks.

Check with others, but I think that I used denatured alcohol. (it's been a while). While you are at it, replace the reservoirs with new ones. So much easier to do when empty and non-sticky.

If you call yourself the canardologist, can I be the proptologist??

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D