E-racer plans

adamssson

Hi everyone

I was trying to find some informations about price for E-racer plans. I didn't find anything. I was on www.eracer.org but as I think page is expired. I found some Word document on: forum.canardaviation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2379&d=1149122158 . I'm not sure is the contact data are wright. All of this stuff looks for me very strange.

Does anyone knows whats going on with this firm? Where I can check prices and get some informations about this plane?

Hi everyone

I was trying to find some informations about price for E-racer plans. I didn't find anything. I was on www.eracer.org but as I think page is expired. I found some Word document on: forum.canardaviation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2379&d=1149122158 . I'm not sure is the contact data are wright. All of this stuff looks for me very strange.

Does anyone knows whats going on with this firm? Where I can check prices and get some informations about this plane?

Shirl Dickey was/is the designer behind the ERacer. He quit selling plans several years ago. He comments sometimes on the Canard Aviators list, found here. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canard-aviators/

I purchased a set of plans from him around 5 years ago for about $350 (if I remember correctly :confused: )

I would consider Jack Morrison our resident professional on the ERacer (among other things) here on the Canard Zone.

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

http://www.pursuitofflight.com

I read that link to the "unfavorable Eracer plans consideration". Then read LimoEzes post...

SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!!!!...LimoEze. The front seat limit of the Cozy is, I forget your wording now, but inadequate, wimpy, was your gist? ...and the Cozy[iV] frontseat is fine if you are a lightweight?

That front seat is flown at 450 pounds. Regularly by some. Thats some serious meat and potatoes. I hope others havent read that post of yours and been put off the Cozy.

If 450 isnt adequate, man alive, what did you think IS adequate?!!!

Yow.;)

BTW, If you want a good chuckle and head scratch. The Eracer plans will provide same. Jack's shown me his a few times [to illustrate a point], and they are like water in a desert, sparse. There's so much reading in between the lines, Jack needed a proverbial red-phone-direct-link to Shirl. And Jack's a pretty darn bright guy!!

Have fun.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I read that link to the "unfavorable Eracer plans consideration". ... they are like water in a desert, sparse. There's so much reading in between the lines, Jack needed a proverbial red-phone-direct-link to Shirl. And Jack's a pretty darn bright guy!!

Have fun.

I would say that pretty well sums it up. You really need to have some working knowledge of these planes or have friends that have built an ERacer if this would be your first plane. After many attempts to email/call Shirl with questions and no responses, it became apparent that he was not going to give the same support that Nat gave for the Cozy, or even close. Being a first time builder, I thought the smart thing for me, was to not build the ERacer. I'm currently working on a LongEZ.

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

http://www.pursuitofflight.com

Edge,

I am not sure what posting you read but as I understand it the Cozy MkIV front seat load limit was around 400lbs. When I looked at the Eracer plans the front load seat limit is higher and the King Racer option moves the front seat back 4" permitting a larger delta when flying pilot only. I was going to build the Eracer and took a long time evaluating how to build the plane based on the plans I have. I found the statement that if you have a set of Long EZ plans the building would go smoother. I got the Long plans and Terry made me aware of the Limo EZ so I decided that was the best plane for me. Even with stagger seating and a 540 in the back Scott Carter had to move ballast out of the nose at RR. I just did not want to deal with moving that ballast around.

Joe

Joe:

Reading from the Cozy IV owners manual it says:

(The Co-Z plans model MarkIV with an 0-360A Lyc. engine , light weight starter, alternator, and throttle body and with the canard shortened in span to 145" leading edge tip-to-tip has a 250lbs. minimum and 425 lbs. maximum front seat limit.)

The above was copied out of my owners manual. I guess some guys are pushing the envelope and flying at 450LBS in the front seat. I am trying to build a lite enough plane I can fly with 450 in the front. We shall see.

No matter how light I build this bird moving balast is a way of life in a Cozy IV it is something you just have to get used to I even build a special balast box in the nose for the specially formed lead I will install there after my weight and balance. Steve build on

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Your mission Ian, should you choose to accept it:

450# front seat capability necessitates the cutting off your canard tips to put the spacers in, i.e, the longer canard. Dennis Oelman is your Iowan contact.

This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Pfffffssssssst.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been building an Eracer for 9 years. Bought the plans from Shirl and never recieved any support. That being said there is so much information online IE: Long EZ, Cozy etc that its not been to difficult to "read between the lines". I am in the final stages of building. Installing engine cowlings, and instrument panel. I am getting very excited about getting this plane into the air in the next few months. I am a first time builder and have learned a lot over the 9 year building period. As to the post many part I do not belive are available like the landing gear. That would be a big problem for a new eracer builder. Rob O

post-3901-141090172378_thumb.jpg