Rough River 2009 Pics

I had a blast at RR this year. What a change in my 3-year hiatus. The first three years went kind of like "oh you're Rick Maddy. There's Marc Zeitlin. Wow there's the StaggerEZ." Now, more than once when meeting someone the common response was “you're the guy that went to Australia!" Yep, that is me. It is like a big family reunion, only better. There is not that annoying cousin that nobody likes! Old Friends, new friends and lots of canard talk caused the day to go by way too fast. I am so looking forward to next year.

Amy & I started to fly down in a rented spamcan, but had to turn back to due to weather. Started out at 1500 ceiling, but soon drop down to 1,000 with around 7sm visibility. Ok, let’s see what's ahead. When that bright spot ahead of us turned into 500-foot ceilings and 1 mile, there was no decision to be made. It should have only been a 90-minute flight, but we turned around after 25 minutes. Our good mate Bruce was in from OZ so we were not going to miss this year. The plane was unloaded back into the car and off we go for the 5+ hour drive. It was so worth it.

Here are a few of the pics that I took this year. Nothing mind-blowing, but there are a couple good pictures in the group.

http://www.cozy1200.com/geeklog/mediagallery/album.php?aid=18

post-336-141090170792_thumb.jpg

post-336-141090170799_thumb.jpg

post-336-141090170804_thumb.jpg

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Your a good photographer Mr. CozyMidnight. =)

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Your a good photographer Mr. CozyMidnight. =)

Thank you.

In a former life I was a portrait and wedding photographer. About the only thing I take pictures of anymore are airplanes. And most of those are shot with a $500 point and shoot. I still enjoy it, but I never do anything with them besides post them on the web.

Oh if I only had half the money I spent on a camera equipment, I could probably buy a cozy. sigh.

glad you like the photos.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...