25 replies to this topic

#21 Neverquit

Neverquit

• Verified Members
  • 257 posts
  • Greg Norman
  • Lathrup Village

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

Sold on Ebay... 20 years of scuba equipment old computers and accessories old clothes son's old clothes old hockey skates old Lionel train set hunting gear extra tools car parts 3 cars anything shippable in the attic Partially built Cozy MKIV, glass, epoxy, hardware? Not until my cold dead hands are pried from the epoxy pump.:D As always, a gread read Dennis. A regular Paul Harvey you are. Cheers!

#22 Edge 513

Edge 513

Cozy540xtra N513DP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Carmel Valley, CA

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

Thanks Greg. Your post kinda reminded me of the Mastercard commercials; Bunchs of fiberglass and foam, resin and shipping...........................9,000. Matco wheels and 3 pucks, Gear bow............................................1,750. Canopy, Turtleback, Elec noselift....................................................3,500. Your labor at 5.00/hr for 1000 hours.............................................5,000. Begging somebody to buy your half completed Cozy for say,.......10,500. OTD ..................................................and settling for............................2,500. Hanging on tough and finishing, and FLYing your Cozy..................PRICELESS!
Self confessed Wingnut.
Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?
Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

#23 Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison

Gone West

• Members Gone West
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:42 PM

Flying a CANARD , Priceless. Jack

#24 Edge 513

Edge 513

Cozy540xtra N513DP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Carmel Valley, CA

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:56 PM

Flying a CANARD , Priceless.

Jack

Roger that Brother.:)
Self confessed Wingnut.
Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

#25 Lynn Erickson

Lynn Erickson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Chino, Ca

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

Thanks Greg. Your post kinda reminded me of the Mastercard commercials;

Bunchs of fiberglass and foam, resin and shipping...........................9,000.
Matco wheels and 3 pucks, Gear bow............................................1,750.
Canopy, Turtleback, Elec noselift....................................................3,500.
Your labor at 5.00/hr for 1000 hours.............................................5,000.

Begging somebody to buy your half completed Cozy for say,.......10,500. OTD
..................................................and settling for............................2,500.

Hanging on tough and finishing, and FLYing your Cozy..................PRICELESS!

You have a typo, that should be 10,000 hours at 50 cents an hour
Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

#26 Edge 513

Edge 513

Cozy540xtra N513DP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Carmel Valley, CA

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

You have a typo, that should be 10,000 hours at 50 cents an hour

You may be righter than wronger with that call, Lynn.
If you added all the "lurking" and investigating time, before buying the plans,[which amounts to years for some- before they actually sit down on the pot] -and then STUDYING the plans, and then, DANG your right!!....i forgot about the building of that dam table...that takes some acouple months..and the sacred "hotbox" another couple. That might be 5000 hours before a cup of epoxy is even stirred!:rolleyes:

There were two points I was limply trying to make with my post.
1. Your project is worth squat [not even worth the cost of the materials and parts you have in whatever finished state] until it's finished and flying.
2. The second point is mute.
3. It occurs to me that, even if after you have a "finished" aircraft, if you modified it, it may be worth squat anyway, if what you did wasnt marvelously successful. Hmmm, you just spent 5000 [or was that 10,000-with all those modifications?] hours building a large backyard lawn ornament.
[God love him,[I know I do], but Jim E. next to you there in Chino, Lynn, comes to mind]..and I really do think the guy built an amazing, simply amazing mega-LongEze.

3000 hours to 10,000 hours, it's all gratis, until you actually get paid back by flying your bird.
So, the moral of this story is;

Don't flip the bird. Fly it!!:)
Self confessed Wingnut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Stats