Phase 1 Done

As of Sunday August 30 my forty hours are done. I flew every day for the first two weeks then would occasionally miss a day. I have been up to 10,000 feet and tested up to 235 mph indicated. The 320 gives such a great rate of climb it doesn't take long to get to a safe cruising altitude.

Just for peace of mind I pulled another compression test, changed the oil so that I could open the filter and see what was trapped. All is well and the 320 is healthy. The Electroair Ignition is working well but I kept an impulse mag on the left side. I know it's old school and I make no apologies.:rolleyes:

I'm going to fabricate another prop. I REALLY like my first one but it is a climb prop and want a cruise prop. Having a spare may save down time one day. We hope the weather cooperates and see lots of canards at Rough River this year.

Did I mention that the airplane is a blast?

As of Sunday August 30 my forty hours are done. I flew every day for the first two weeks then would occasionally miss a day. I have been up to 10,000 feet and tested up to 235 mph indicated. The 320 gives such a great rate of climb it doesn't take long to get to a safe cruising altitude.

Just for peace of mind I pulled another compression test, changed the oil so that I could open the filter and see what was trapped. All is well and the 320 is healthy. The Electroair Ignition is working well but I kept an impulse mag on the left side. I know it's old school and I make no apologies.:rolleyes:

I'm going to fabricate another prop. I REALLY like my first one but it is a climb prop and want a cruise prop. Having a spare may save down time one day. We hope the weather cooperates and see lots of canards at Rough River this year.

Did I mention that the airplane is a blast?

If you got 235MPH I would wonder if that is a climb prop. was that in level flight and what RPM. best way to tell about it is to go to 8500 ft. and see what rpm and average GPS speed you get on a triangle course. there is a lot of data for that situation from all the racing that has been done over the years. you did not tell us if it was worth all the work. I know what he is going to say.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

The 235 was in a shallow dive keeping the rpm below 2700. Straight and level I typically see 170 mph at 2500 rpm. I was testing for stability approaching the Vne speed. The airplane feels like it is on rails at 235. If I push full throttle at altitude the rpm will go past 2800. My prop is wood core and glass covered.

I'll fly the triangle course later today if the wind is light and get back to everyone. On another note, I typically clear the ground in less than 1000 feet when solo.

BTW, it is indeed well worth all the work. My need for speed is fulfilled.

The 235 was in a shallow dive keeping the rpm below 2700.

I'm particularly interested in the accelerated stall testing that you did, as well as the flutter and climb rate testing. If you could fill us in on those tests, and the techniques you used to fulfill them, I'd appreciate it.