Rough River 2009

Well good EZ people, I know there is a lot of attention on OSH 09 at the moment, but I thought I'd start a role call of who is intending to be at RR09 (in one consolidated thread). So, sound off if you plan to be there.....

I'm hoping that Don will be there with his video gear again, and the Cozy Girrrls with their impeccable machined and polished hardware for starters.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Depending on Work (we're in the middle of harvest) I may be able to make a day trip.

That is, if I don't run into any difficulties in my Phase I (FAA gave me 5 hours and 20 landings)

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

Well good EZ people, I know there is a lot of attention on OSH 09 at the moment, but I thought I'd start a role call of who is intending to be at RR09 (in one consolidated thread). So, sound off if you plan to be there.....

I'm hoping that Don will be there with his video gear again, and the Cozy Girrrls with their impeccable machined and polished hardware for starters.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Debbie and I will be there. Just for the day on Saturday.

Rick Pellicciotti

Belle Aire Aviation, Inc.

http://www.belleaireaviation.com

Yes believe it or not, I am leaving Melbourne and via LA to Reno for a week, then bum around Ca before hopefully hooking an EZ lift to RR. From RR, hopefully then another EZ ride to DC/Va/Md area to see friends before returning to Melbourne via LA. Did you still want that Vegemite?? ;)

It appears the numbers for RR may be down due to the US economy, but hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised with another great turn-out.

Cheers,

Bruce.

... It appears the numbers for RR may be down due to the US economy, ...

I dunnow, the numbers started falling when I showed up three years ago. :eek:

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Did you still want that Vegemite?? ;)

Cheers,

Bruce.

What was that stuff for anyway; can you grease wheel bearings with it or was it originally used for preserving military jeeps? I heard a yachty friend say he uses it to grease the ball valve in his marine toilet :rolleyes:

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Bruce,

Amy & I will be flying down in a spam can. It will be really good to hook up and drink some Good American beer.... too bad I don't know any! :) seriously, I never drank beer before moving to oz and have yet to drink and American beer since we've returned.

The offer still stand if you need any thing while you're here, just let us know.

mmm. Vegemite. :(

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

... It will be really good to hook up and drink some Good American beer....

It's a State park, alkie-haul is verboten. Not to mention it's a dry country. But if you decant said liquid into a paper/plastic cup, who's to know?

I'd planned on a rain check this year, economy and all. Maybe I can haul a selection of local barley-pop out that way. Not as good as a Tooheys or Redoak though ;)

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Just got back from RR. Did not see any canards:( It is still one of my favorite places. This trip was family trip and a taste for "The Worlds Best Pizza Joint".

Dave

I think you were a little early :cool:

I'm only in chapter 6, but will try to get there to ogle and gawk and take a million pics. I plan to ride down on my motorcycle (from Westchester County in NY) and camp.

Larry Hendrick

Canardiologist

Cozy Mark IV Started 2/12/2009 - Now on Chap. 6

http://web.me.com/lhendrick/Cozy_MkIV/Welcome.html

I'd fill my epoxy shoes with Ragu and eat them cold before eating at "The Worlds Best Joint" ...and those kids doing kareoke, take a jumbo sized jar of peanut butter and as soon as one opens their shrill little gob, shove a handful of peanut butter in there, that place is a nightmare! :bad:

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

I'd fill my epoxy shoes with Ragu and eat them cold before eating at "The Worlds Best Joint"

Good idea! That way , you save on the cheese AND crust!

...and those kids doing kareoke, take a jumbo sized jar of peanut butter and as soon as one opens their shrill little gob, shove a handful of peanut butter in there, that place is a nightmare! :bad:

Why would you want to be so mean to peanut butter???:confused:

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip

FYI: Accross the street the "Fiddler's Restaurant" has opened. It is in the new building to the right of the Gas Station/restaurant/baitshop/Jack of all trades. The store and corner restaurant next to the post office is still vacant.

I actually did not subject my family to the "Worlds greatest Pizza" but figured it would get a laugh.

FYI: ...... It is in the new building to the right of the Gas Station/restaurant/baitshop/Jack of all trades. .

Its the restaurant/baitshop that concerns me... one of my favorite coastal towns had on the corner a baitshop on one face and immediatly around the corner a sushi bar... now come one folks, there's more to making sushi than putting bait on a dab of rice!:P

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Good idea! That way , you save on the cheese AND crust! Why would you want to be so mean to peanut butter???:confused:

Because I can appear to be nice while force feeding peanut butter whereas duct tape makes a tell-tale noise when you rip it off the roll, you might catch the fist one unawares but the rest of them can run faster (than I can) and there is that screaming thing they do.

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Does this make me a builder?Hehe- my name is Ray but my buds call me (KOOL RAY) I'm in the hvac trade down here in SW-Texas as yall say good building enviroment.I will be driving 16-18 hours to get to the place I have thought about for years to fondle a longez and a cozY in the same day hehehe yall know what I mean.This is my first time posting here and I am xcited- I hope to get a lot of modivation from this trip.I have the cozy plans but the open-ez fits my mission better and yes I have the terf cd- templates printed out along w/plans printed out w/ building supply enough foam to build a open-ez fusealage or get started on a cozy:) I will make my choice after I get back depending on a ? I asked about - if longez pilots r builders will look down on open-ez builders I don't want to make bad friends.Now I know how to do this I will be on here a lot. Because I love these planes. Oh yea because of all u who like to talk plane stuff to thanks KOOL RAY

I posted yesterday but maybe did something wrong but I will try today.I have been researching planes way to LONG hehehe- so this year I will be driving 16-18 hours( no ppl yet) to RR to see as many longs and cozys as I can I have cozy plans #1569 but then I read about the open-ez. The open-ez will fit my mission better than a cozy hope there is no hard feelings.I have enough foam and glass- flox-bubbles and other building supplies to build a long-ez fusalage r get started on a cozy(yes I do have terf cd- templates-plans printed out ready to go I have 7 honeydews to do before she will let me start.But I really have had a lot of fun visiting here great motivation over the last 7 yrs.Mfryer looking good I check w/your page daily looking for something new to see r read u r building a open-ez correct?Emailed cozy1200 he responded very fast I hope this means if I have ?s they maybe fast help any way I will be at RR9 hope to meet a lot of new planecrazy guys thanks (KOOL RAY)

http://www.roughriver.org/

2009: September 25th - September 27th

The airport identifier is 2I3 (Two India Three) and the airport is located at Falls of Rough, Kentucky. The runways are 2-20, 3200 feet, lighted, no instrument approaches.

.....(or was that a rhetorical question? :))

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Well I am a hvac tech-and for last 15 years never had no time to focus on anything but work 7 days a week - I moved to San Angelo TX from Nashville TN after 8 yrs as an installer.But now I still work as a hvac tech but work 4-10hr days 3 days off hehehe no overtime so now I can FOCUS it looks like I will build a open-ez.I may decide to sell my cozy plans to buy a epoxy pump-the only thing I need to start- I have a nice supply of building stuff like foam- glass bubbles-flox- peel ply other tools but no pump yet.As far as honey do's/ I had a medium house fire 8 months ago and I have re-done evey room in my home except 1 tub- waterheater rock the fireplace-and replace 6 window's-so there should be no more do's after those.But u r right they(wives) will always find something they want to change thanks (KOOL RAY)