Source for economical peel ply

lhendrick

I have peel ply in strips (rolls) from ACS but I know I saw a cheaper source here for an alternative to the high priced ($7/yd) stuff on ACS and Wicks, I just cannot find the posts.

What exactly should I be looking for and where, like Walmart, Dacron cloth (weight)by the yard??

Larry Hendrick

Canardiologist

Cozy Mark IV Started 2/12/2009 - Now on Chap. 6

http://web.me.com/lhendrick/Cozy_MkIV/Welcome.html

The 1" rolls from ACS/Wicks are nice, much easier that cutting from a full width roll (read: wish I had bought some)

www.fiberglasssupply.com

Google Econo-ply J

Window sheer material (no cotton!, poly, Dacron, or Nylon only)

I've gone through ~10 yards thus far, probably wasted more then if I'd used the rolls mentioned above.

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

I bought the same stuff the CG,s posted above it works good. I also bought some on ebay. It had lines in it made it really easy to cut straite. Some guys have bought poyester clothe at Wally World for a good price. You will have to shop around and find what you like the best. Steve build on

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Yah do know those little lines are in there so that you don't leave it on and forget it? (its happened)

We peel ply -everything- so premade tapes are a waste of time and money for us plus they are too heavy for our liking. YMMV

Econoply-J is very lightweight and easier to conform to most surfaces. When we do something like the drip edge of the turtleback we cut about a hundred little strips 3/4"~1" wide by about 3" and overlap them a little, lots of work to lay down but conforms to everything and easy to sand after, also easy to pull.

Cutting is no problem with electric scissors either.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Thanks all for the useful replies!

I'm going to go with the Econply J from airtecholine. I May stop into a WallyWorld to see what they have on sale in the el cheapo dacron/ployester cloth department to use on some practice layups while I wait for my order to arrive.

Larry Hendrick

Canardiologist

Cozy Mark IV Started 2/12/2009 - Now on Chap. 6

http://web.me.com/lhendrick/Cozy_MkIV/Welcome.html