broken nose gear

gsessare

Hi there...!! I new on the town.... I just bought a Varieze (N444EZ) i did 59 hours on it and few days ago during a landing a lost the nose wheel. So now I have to replace the nose landing wheel.

Any body can let me know how to buy a nose gear...? SEE PHOTO ATTACHED

thanks in advance

GUSTAVO

BUENOS AIRES -ARGENTINA

SOUTH AMERICApost-18852-141090165555_thumb.jpg

I'm no help with your problem, but wonder is the cause of the failure was the combined weight of all the VG on the canard? What a collection!

I like your step too, looks like a push-in style door I've seen on some military types, and understand it is in the plans. Does it open into the fuselage, or does it have a pocket of it's own?

Back to your problem, have you recovered the busted off wheel or any of the hardware. You will need a new strut and some fibreglassing skills. Does your regulator permit you to work on the aircraft?

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

I hope you got the plans when you bought your plane, because there are a number of fiberglass layups to be done - you don't just replace the strut - at least not on the Cozy. You will need to read the chapters in your instructions that explain how to do a layup, how to make flox, and how to prepare the strut and attach the hardware.

It's not difficult if you have done this sort of thing before, but if you have never done any glass work, you might want to seek some assistance. :)

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

Phil is correct---nose builds up like a cozy---couple of layers of bid. And you also need to attach the hardware---which does not exactly assemble like a christmas bike. Not hard at all----but you do need the directions. And if you don't know how to mix flox or lay up fiberglass, you will need the intro chapter to learn how to do this. The good news is that you will be a master in no time. Hopefully you got the plans with the sale of the aircraft----and if not, ask someone to get you the TERF CDs for XMAS.

Don't feel too bad---my first repair on my Longez was the day I bought the aircraft----stripped half the teeth off of the wormgear in the nose gear assembly. The good news is that I had studied the plans for a year or so---and knew exactly what I had done when I did it----and knew generally how to fix it. Printed out the plans for that chapter, ordered the right part from Brock---then got right to it.

Now you might say that if I was so familiar---then how did I strip the gear. Without going into the nitty gritty details and getting real deep into my excuse matrix, I will just say that it was the difference between book knowledge and practical knowledge. You can tell some people not to touch the stove---and the rest of us have to check it out ourselves-----stove was hot by the way.