GPS Data Entry

TMann

Does anyone know of (or use) a GPS system that uses an on-screen keyboard for data entry?

I'm talking about a keyboard where you can type in a city name etc. as search criteria or for entering setup defaults and the like.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

.....It has an abcdef keyboard as opposed to a qwerty keyboard and that is kind of a PITA to use.

These are the features I'm talking about. I don't know of any Aviation GPS units that have that type of interface but that's what I'm looking for.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Does anyone know of (or use) a GPS system that uses an on-screen keyboard for data entry?....

I'm running PocketFMS (http://www.pocketfms.com '> http://www.pocketfms.com ) on my smartphone (touchscreen) with bluetooth GPS receiver. It offers this type of input.

There's also a windows based version available. Software is for free. Yearly subscription for aeronautical database is 150 EUR (30 day trial for free).

pezzi

You're right! I wonder if there's a reason for that.

On my cheapo 200 series garmin, have to use U D R L but it autocompletes possible codes so it's pretty easy, even while you're bouncing down through clouds talking to a controller. I'm not sure how the automobile thing or the lake thing would work on those.

You're right! I wonder if there's a reason for that.

On my cheapo 200 series garmin, have to use U D R L but it autocompletes possible codes so it's pretty easy, even while you're bouncing down through clouds talking to a controller. I'm not sure how the automobile thing or the lake thing would work on those.

my guess would be, try to type on a small key pad while in turbulence. some times it is hard just to hit the flip flop button on the radio and that is in a canard and they penetrate turbulence way better the most small planes

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years