help me,need information

WolfManSpecial

I'd swear its a fuse from Dave's new UAV enterprise. All prepreg.obviously. You can buy one for about 1.8M, so I wouldn't salivate too much. I was in his facility a couple months ago discussing it with him,and fondling it, that's my basis.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

no-

it's all goverment contract stuff. I was actually surprised to see this publicly, from what was being said. maybe just cuz its the shell. just picture a berkut that has been altered, and you get the picture. be happy you got this glimpse.:)

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

what fascintes you about this? its just a friggin fuselage. it looks pretty, but you cover all of it with paint. a fuselage doesnt need to be this strong...plenty of flying canard planes doing just fine that are not CF. why be the princess and the pea?

Self confessed Wingnut.

what fascintes you about this? its just a friggin fuselage. it looks pretty, but you cover all of it with paint. a fuselage doesnt need to be this strong...plenty of flying canard planes doing just fine that are not CF. why be the princess and the pea?

it's still a very nice job, disregarding the fact that it's CF or GF. there is dirty job works around there done by people thinking paint can hide everything...

The production of Dave's UAV company required producing full molds of the Berkut and its assemblies...as you know, not our moldless GF fabrication. We can be very amature in our talents and through the wonders of thes plans and techniques and the inevitable micro surface coating...produce beautiful airplanes. That IS a wonderfull thing!!! Dave's fuselage example here is an unfair comparison to our methods...

It IS a beautiful CF fuselage, but is totally irrelevant to ending up with a beautifully finished and flying Cozy or Eze.

I am sure others will agree when I throw my hat in the air and shout, "VIVA el MICRO!!!:D

PS. When I remarked about all the molds that I was looking at, [and they are INCREDIBLE HUGE MASSIVE] Dave rolled his eyes at the amount of work for the molds.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Wow, that thing is beautiful but carbon fiber is $38 per yard versus, what, $6.00 for fiberglass?

http://www.shopmaninc.com/carbonpage.html

You gotta ask, what's it worth to save a few pounds? For a recreational use, it just isn't cost effective.

-Kent

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Wolf- If you want one of the most awesome fuselages, you should talk Airnico who posts here to give you all the particulars on his. It is an awesome shape based on the LongEze....just AWESOME. If I wasn't interested in one of the Aeriks200 airplanes, thats the one I would go for emulating. That 'crazy' Italian's fuselage is just incredible!! :banana: First pic is Airnico's masterpiece, next pic is the Aericks.

post-4661-141090164257_thumb.jpg

post-4661-141090164265_thumb.jpg

Self confessed Wingnut.

If I wasn't interested in one of the Aeriks200 airplanes, thats the one I would go for emulating. That 'crazy' Italian's fuselage is just incredible!!

Isn't this project dead? (the Aeriks) the website hasn't moved since ages!

after a long/open-ez this would be my second choice.... it is very nice looking and i like the 3 surface concept

otherwise, you have the ellipse (http://www.lhaviation.com/site_frame/pages_en/galerie_en.htm) which looks a lot like the aeriks but in a traditional 2 surface config. (no canard)...

Wolf- If you want one of the most awesome fuselages, you should talk Airnico who posts here to give you all the particulars on his. It is an awesome shape based on the LongEze....just AWESOME. If I wasn't interested in one of the Aeriks200 airplanes, thats the one I would go for emulating. That 'crazy' Italian's fuselage is just incredible!! :banana: First pic is Airnico's masterpiece, next pic is the Aericks.

How did we miss this one, dang, this is just awesome, exactly what I would be looking for in a tandem.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Schweeet huh, Chrissi???!!:D And the cabin interior stats are very roomy. These swiss aero guys really came up with something!

AIUI, the Aericks200 prototype and business was bought by another company after the powerplant that it was designed around went out of production. They have been working during the last year on fitting another powerplant and modifying. It is projected to be brought into the states as a kit, that is in a semi quick build format, according to the principal. No final idea as to price...they have been mum. But DANG!!!...it DOES look great! The old powerplant gave it fair performance according to Rutan standards, but they were looking for more out of it, and I hope they can produce.

Very exciting design. I bet it is in the 50-65k range without an engine or avionics.

Self confessed Wingnut.

it DOES look great! The old powerplant gave it fair performance according to Rutan standards, but they were looking for more out of it, and I hope they can produce..

At least they did not call it the Speed Canard :ROTFLMAO:

Sorry Speed Canard guys, I love the look and feel but it is anything but speedy.

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

really beautiful,but I thing i am crazy about the berkut:p

i need a fuse,buy wings at eureka,(cores)built the wings(more correct)and bla..bla..bla more or less ten years:D

see you

Sorry Wolf for seeming to hijack your thread into something other than the Berkut. Wish you luck on your quasi-Berkut hybrid. You might talk with TMann about his work, he's got the forward Berkut canopies/ tandem separate design, and a rounder Berkut style fuselage morphed from a LongEze...but you probably already know that.

BTW Tmann, how about some pics of a side shot etc of your creation??? Tease ol' Wolf here!:D

Lastly the Aericks200 reported a cruise of 140kts, VNe of 200, max speed of 155kts and very short T.O and landing needs. 29 gallons on board feeding the discontinued 105hp Diamond rotary engine.

Self confessed Wingnut.