MKNC-12A Torque Tube Offsets for Long-EZ

gullikson

Hi all,

Question for anyone that has used the Cozy Girrrls MKNC-12A Torque Tube Offsets in their Roncz canard. I'm getting ready to order my canard hardware and I'd sure like to use the offsets to help control air leakage but I don't have Cozy MkIV plans and I don't really want to guess how to set this up.

Can anyone provide me clear instruction on how to use this hardware on my new build Long-EZ Roncz canard??

Thanks!

:confused:

Speaking out of my blowhole... Should drop right in :rolleyes:

It's detailed in the shareware / public domain Aerocanard PDF's that are floating around. Holler if you can't find any.

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Two things in my Cozy contributed to significant air leak reduction over my longez.

1. The nose gear completely seals up upon retraction. I don't have a gear door over the tire. But the nose gear has a flat plate on the front that completely seals up with the body---and when the gear is up, everything seals up real nice.

2. The cozy uses the offsets for the torque tube. With the offsets, there is NO arcing of the torque tube. The arcing in the longez requires a rather large cutout in the sidewall of the fuselage---which leaks pretty bad. If you put offsets on the Longez, that will nearly eliminate that problem area.

Hi all,

Question for anyone that has used the Cozy Girrrls MKNC-12A Torque Tube Offsets in their Roncz canard. I'm getting ready to order my canard hardware and I'd sure like to use the offsets to help control air leakage but I don't have Cozy MkIV plans and I don't really want to guess how to set this up.

Can anyone provide me clear instruction on how to use this hardware on my new build Long-EZ Roncz canard??

Thanks!

the center line of the center section on the offsets has to line up with the center line of the hinge pin on the torque tube.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

I used the brock version on my Long EZ. I did have brock make the pivot section (that which is colinear with the hinge line) longer to account for my canard root fairings. This way the section in the root fairings doesn't rotate on a radius to the hinge line and is flush.

Cheers,

Wayne Blackler

IO-360 Long EZ

VH-WEZ (N360WZ)

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

http://v2.ez.org/feature/F0411-1/F0411-1.htm

Hi all,

Thanks!

Dear Confused,

I love it when people ask good questions when we are goin to be out of town for awhile =)

OK, I helped someone through this awhile ago. On the LE you have two "NC-3A" tabs on the inboard right side. These are the ones with the 0.250 hole in the bronze bushings for the LE NC-12 control horns.

You leave the two NC-3A tabs off and substitute an NC-3 for the right hand one. Now you have three NC-3's on each side. The two outboard NC-3's on each side will get picked up by the NC-2 torque tube hinge slugs in the outboard portion of the elevator torque tubes, the inboard NC-3A's will pick up on the two inboard NC-3's which happen to be ideally spaced for the concentric portion of the NC-12A's to be centerd on the fuselage sides (Nat did his homework). Personally I'd build the canard and do the final floxing of the inboard NC-3's when you can lay the canard over the fuselage to check the final arrangement.

You join the two NC-12A's in the middle the same as the Cozy with a short length of 1.000" OD x 0.035" wall alum tube, same as the elevator torque tube material, we sell called the "spool piece".

The inboard counterweights go on the NC-12A's.

Elevator pushrod goes on the RH NC-12A same as the Cozy.

Manual spring pitch trim system can go on the LH NC-12A or paddle type anywhere you choose.

Regards, Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo