2024t3 Alum Tubing

Cozy1200

Spruce was out of the 3/8 2024t3 tubing when I ordered. This is the tubing used for the front center seatbelt attachment. Well since I have started, I failed to get the right tubing.

So question.... I'm pretty sure I can pick up 6060T5 tubing at the local Aluminum shop. But I'll have to substitute Aluminium for Aluminum :D

So is this reasonable o should I look for a different alloy? 2024T3 will take more effort to get.

The closest size that's listed in their catalog is 10mm x 1.6mm which equates to .393 x .063

The pieces from spruce is listed at .375 x .065

Thoughts, Suggestions?

It's that's not suggest. I may put out a request for through the local SAAA Chapter

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Does it really matter in that particular usage point?

The pipe is there merely to stop the crushing effect of the bold & attachments. IIRC

I live in my own little world! but its OK, they know me here!

Chris Van Hoof, Johannesburg, South Africa operate from FASY (Baragwanath)

Cozy Mk IV, ZU-CZZ, IO-360 (200hp) 70x80 prop

OK, no joy tracking down 2024t3. The only quantites I can buy is 10feet at $12 a FOOT!!!! ouch.

The local supply shop suggested chrome molley. They have some 3/8 OD with a .259 ID. For you experts, would this be another possibility? Should I do anything for corrosion?

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

The local supply shop suggested chrome molley. They have some 3/8 OD with a .259 ID. For you experts, would this be another possibility? Should I do anything for corrosion?

The object here is to have 3/8" OD tubing with a slightly larger than 1/4" ID, so that the 1/4" bolts used to hold the seat belts down will fit.

Basically, any metal will work fine (except for the really soft aluminums). It gets covered by enough glass that the metal isn't the weak point.