rotamax engines

wolf.

Erm, its an attractive line drawing. Apparently the 3D CAD models are coming soon!!!

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

• 3 months later...

Erm, triple7, you might want to edit your post...Marc is not German- he is of Jewish lineage.

Seems your assumptions are not limited...to a companys claims, or his heritage.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I think this information would certainly end the SPECULATION that this engine is nothing more than a line drawing. As for Zeitlin I guess "His exalted all knowingest" would be a more appropriate preamble as he openly espoused that this engine would ever fly.

I think this information would certainly end the SPECULATION that this engine is nothing more than a line drawing. As for Zeitlin I guess "His exalted all knowingest" would be a more appropriate preamble as he openly espoused that this engine would ever fly.

Because your memory seems to be somewhat impaired, I've copied my original statment regarding these engines from the other thread on the "Aceair Aeriks", which is where it was originally posted:

"Tell you what - if there's a 180 HP version of this engine (independently verified on a Dyno) that's lasted 1000 hours of running within the next 5 years (by 12/31/2012), I'll give you $100. If not, you give me a case of Guinness (yes, I've been burned on a bet like that before, by a non-entity who backed out after losing), but I'm a sucker for sure things."

Given that (according to Patrick's article in the latest Sport Aviation) the 180 HP version hasn't run yet, much less flown, my statement still stands. I'm perfectly willing to lose $100 - I'd be happy if they're successful and present an alternative motor that works and is reliable. The 65 and 110/120 HP versions, I don't have a lot of doubt about. The 180 HP version - well, you can see what I think above.

Read a little more carefully next time.