BIDding the nose

Neverquit

The nose get glasses to the fuse with a 1 inch overlap. Actually, after glassing the fuse the recess shrinks to about 3/4". Does this seem a bit weak to anyone else?

I extened the BID an inch beyond the fuse groove then added a 6 inch swath of UNI with fibers parallel to the fuse. I know, second guessing the plans but my thought is hard landing flex of the nose area may show some mico or paint cracks down the road.

The nose get glasses to the fuse with a 1 inch overlap. Actually, after glassing the fuse the recess shrinks to about 3/4". Does this seem a bit weak to anyone else?

I extened the BID an inch beyond the fuse groove then added a 6 inch swath of UNI with fibers parallel to the fuse. I know, second guessing the plans but my thought is hard landing flex of the nose area may show some mico or paint cracks down the road.

have never seen this happen but I have seen the rear part of the NG 30 broken loose and up against the canard from a hard drop in landing.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

I'd say you have blown some money and added weight the aircraft didn't need.

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Spod has a point- You probably added 6-8 ozs and it cost you about 5 USD. The easiest way to make up this deficit is to avoid eating a couple burgers and lose half a pound off your girth. This opens up a whole new building mentality...If you want to add a minibar in the back or some special norfsworgle- lose 10 pounds to offset it, what a deal!

Anyway. If we work on this "trading" modality, we'll all be healthier.:D

Not like you needed to lose any weight or anything, Greg....:irked: as I recall you look pretty fit [from RR].

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Comments to date are all reasonable, however I do wonder if there is another issue greater than flexing and cracked paint.

Survivability has popped up in the threads a couple of times over the past couple of years. It seems that the LongEz does have a characteristic for the nose to break off in an off field landing. This leaves the pilots legs to flap about like rags.

Does this topic also bridge this issue?

Comments please.

Cheers,

Bruce

The easiest way to make up this deficit is to avoid eating a couple burgers and lose half a pound off your girth.

I must admit, I fit better in my plane when I started. It's much easier to avoid extras glass than it is to remove extra ass.

Mike- To recent for google;

Norfsworgle: California driven slang for any interesting device or assembly created for the sole purpose of satisfying ones tendencies and proclivities towards excessive creature comfort and convenience and hedonistic pursuits. Such as a fur lined surfboard leash[really]...fur lined 32 oz cup-holder...or fur lined handcuffs...[for opposite ends of the hypothetical spectrum]. BTW, the latter of which, can be found in amazing abundance at any Renaissance faire.

Canard. Aileron. Rudder pedal.

Ps, not responsible for any of the above as I have been up all night, and I am a bit offffffffffffffff of my hook.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Mike- To recent for google;

Norfsworgle: California driven slang for any interesting device or assembly created for the sole purpose of satisfying ones tendencies and proclivities towards excessive creature comfort and convenience and hedonistic pursuits. Such as a fur lined surfboard leash[really]...fur lined 32 oz cup-holder...or fur lined handcuffs...[for opposite ends of the hypothetical spectrum]. BTW, the latter of which, can be found in amazing abundance at any Renaissance faire.

Canard. Aileron. Rudder pedal.

Ps, not responsible for any of the above as I have been up all night, and I am a bit offffffffffffffff of my hook.

Are Norfsworgle rudder pedals on the Cozy Grrrils parts lists, if not they should be.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Eh Chrissy...Lynn's looking for some fur lined rudder pedals... [ie. when you step them you'll hear a meeeow.]

I think John Slade got the prototypes in the "slick kitten".:D

Self confessed Wingnut.