Seat back complete!

killerb1971

My first complete part. Is it recomended to do the rough cutouts now, or as it is being installed? I have read that many people recomend to wait until installation to do them, but is that for all of them or just some? I was going to work on the other bulkheads today, but I'll wait till tomorrow. I could use a break. I've been working on this every day. Things seem to be flowing smoothly. I'm getting more and more fired up as more progress is made. I'll keep posting as I go. As always I thank everyone for their help and advice.

post-5372-141090159412_thumb.jpg

post-5372-141090159415_thumb.jpg

post-5372-141090159417_thumb.jpg

post-5372-14109015942_thumb.jpg

post-5372-141090159423_thumb.jpg

Rob Wiehl

COZY MKIV #1521

I did all the cutouts in the center of the seatback undersize. The opening for the manual airbrake is per plans, and doesn't need to be as big if you're going electric air brake.

I cut all the corners as shown per plans, and the seatback fit just right when assembling the bulkheads and fuselage.

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

I did all the cutouts in the center of the seatback undersize. The opening for the manual airbrake is per plans, and doesn't need to be as big if you're going electric air brake.

I cut all the corners as shown per plans, and the seatback fit just right when assembling the bulkheads and fuselage.

I'll do that then. I just want to make it go as smoothly as possible.

I just got finished with the first layup on the F22 and F28 today. I will finish them up tomorrow. I cut the lower cutouts from the IP today as well and preped it for slurry. I brought my hard point layup for the landing gear bulkheads to work tonight and cut them out on the bandsaw. It was so easy. Its nice to be able to use the equipment at work. Thats a great job perk! I used a hand file to get the sides and corners right down to the traced line for a smooth flush outline. It seemed to work faster than the big belt sander, and it didnt try to melt the part from friction : ). They look great. At this rate I might have CH4 done next weekend!! : ) I love making progress. It keeps me fired up!

Rob Wiehl

COZY MKIV #1521