Just had to share....

It's hard to believe but my Long EZ helped me "do it all" today. I flew from Davis (CA) to work in Concord this morning before dawn. Left at 11:30 for South Lake Tahoe and had lunch with two other NorCal Canard flyers and a Berkut builder at the new FBO's open house. Zipped back down to Concord, met my VP and CEO for a job walk at 2:30, and flew home by 5:30. Gotta love a day like this! Saw a lot of 200-230 MPH on my 396 today with tail winds and long descents, even a moment or two at 249 MPH. :D

Those of you old timers quit smirking and thinking - ROOKIE! Those of you building - don't slow down! Anybody lurking - this is wonderful aviation and you'll never regret getting into it with a canard. ;)

Dave

Those of you building - don't slow down! Anybody lurking - this is wonderful aviation and you'll never regret getting into it with a canard. ;)

Dave

I'm lucky to have Strider (Curt Boyle) right down the hill from me. Got an email from him last night, "wanna go for a ride?" Well, DUH!! Steamboat he says.

It's about five hours by cage in the winter, maybe three hours in the summer (Trailridge Road closure in the winter). It's about 45 minutes by VeriEZ.

Travel times like that keep me motivated to get my Cozy done :brocolli:

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

I am salivating.:cool: Way good. :thumbsup: Give me mo trip banter!!!!!:D

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I had a couple "Really Good" runs in my LongEZ.

By far the best was while flying into Las Vegas McCarren. I was on approach, mixed in with a bunch of commercial stuff.

It started about 20 miles out at about 12,000 ft. so I kept my speed up.

About 8 miles out I get a call from Approach; ""Experimental One Echo Zulu, I need you to slow to One Nine Zero, Your overtaking the Lear traffic in front of you."

My reply was "Roger, slowing to 190".

What I REALLY wanted to say was; SAY WHAT? Approach, can you say that again, and give me your initials and time for the record, and PLEASE, send me a copy of this tape.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

I was coming over the hill from northern Cal. heading south into chino at 11500 ft. told approach I would be starting a desent into chino. With a tail wind of about 40 kts I was seeing 275 mph on the gps. and then I heard " citation 123Z hold your heading and altitude your are being overtaken by an experimental" and then " Experimental 999LE you may start your desent the citation is no longer a factor".

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

I am biting my right hand knuckle....ssssttttttopp! :D Jussss to gooood.:carrot:

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Okay, okay ........... let's get this right.

I don't know how these flight stories are suposed to start but I'm sure somebody has the right format.

Examples are listed below:

Fairy Tales: 'Once upon a time ..........'

Sea Stories: 'This is no bullshit ..........'

Sky Diving Stories: 'No sh!t .......there I was .....thought I was gonna die ...'

Experimental Aircraft Stories: '?????????????'

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I don't know how they start, but they always end with "I wish I had started sooner" :thumbsup:

Last month I thought that was a bunch of hooie, now I know it's not.

I should have started sooner :sad:

Rick

... I don't know how these flight stories are suposed to start but I'm sure somebody has the right format....

"Hey Bubba, ho ma beer, watch is..." Erps, sorry, wrong forum ;)

Rick