Berkut Plans

Armilite

The price were and I think still are 500$

I've seen somewhere in internet email address to the person which sell these plans but I don't remember where was that. (try on canardaviation or maybe even here)

But don't expect anything like Long ez plans.

You CAN'T build plane from these plans,

These plans only can help you with assembling Berkut kit, somepeople use them to improve their fuel instalation etc.

What do you get, paper or CD?

Probably paper. (u can buy all or just couple pages)

Does anyone have them?

I've heard about at least two persons on that forum (try in search option)

Mak

mak790 said:

(try on canardaviation or maybe even here)

What does that mean -- 'even'? Just because the Canard Zone does not employ a village idiot does not mean there isn't good information available here.

Here's the thread with the info you guys are looking for: http://www.canardzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511&page=8

p.s. No offense intended whatsoever to the village idiot. ;)

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

What does that mean -- 'even'?

I was almost sure that email address was on that another page So thats why I wrote (maybe even here) But I was wrong I never wrote anything like " there isn't good information available here"

+ I'm only registered here (canardzone) I think that mean something:D

P.S I'm not native speaker sometimes I use wrong words.

yes you can get them however there more in the region of $1000 if i remember correct

they are printed on large plans and i think theres about 50 pages

you can also get the construction CD with it as well but not the videos

however there is a lot of gaps in the instructions so you will have to refer to the longez plans aswell as the berkut stuff and try and work out how to do it all as the berkut used pre moulded parts

i do have the plans and CD myself and find them rather good what i am working on doing is remaking the moulds from the plans in CAD and then machining the patterns out of tooling block (i have the benefit of working for a composite company so have equipment available to me that average joe doesnt)

john.griffiths@comcast.net is the guy who makes and prints the plans

and samples of the plans are available to view here http://www.berkutengineering.com/pages/support_draw1.html

hope this helps

Colin

OK, Apology accepted

Ha, please, no substitutes! :)

I'm only registered here (canardzone) I think that mean something:D

P.S I'm not native speaker sometimes I use wrong words.

Yes it does. Reading that forum, as well as others, is on my list of lunchtime todos.

You're doing fine with the communications!

however there is a lot of gaps in the instructions so you will have to refer to the longez plans aswell as the berkut stuff and try and work out how to do it all as the berkut used pre moulded parts

i do have the plans and CD myself and find them rather good what i am working on doing is remaking the moulds from the plans in CAD and then machining the patterns out of tooling block (i have the benefit of working for a composite company so have equipment available to me that average joe doesnt)

Hmmm... making moulds. You won't be far away at that point from hiring laborers (or yourself) to make a fuselage for sale. Add a couple other parts and you have... gasp... a kit! You don't need to do it EXACTLY like the Berkut, where later kits didn't use foam core wings -- you could use foam core wings and sell your kit as the 'ColinB'.

Something to daydream about...

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

be nice wouldnt it

only problem is that at the moment with the exhange rate the costs for you guys over the atlantic would be horrific

then you have shipping costs with that aswell

anyway the moulds would probably be the easy bit of it all

it would be the instruction book on how to put it all together that would need to be written that would be quite a hurdle

I'm a little bit jealous about these moulds special fuselage.

I have some experience in working with moulds.

I've built a car this way.

I love working with moulds but I'm afraid it isn't the best way to build plane in Europe in some countries for every little change in construction method you need to provide dozens of pages with calculations and drawings etc.

Moulded fuselage is a huge change.

Sorry for off topic picture

post-2134-141090155827_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Actually that is a pretty good deal.

There are 99 pages, 30" x 40" that are of the highest quality I have seen.

I don't know how many times I wished I could have full size wing templates that are plotted vs. the drawings I got with my Long-EZ.

Not to mention the details in the trim system, fuel system, electrical,(and on and on.)

It's hard to part with that much green but it's a great value.

I paid more and do not regret it a bit.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

. . .

It's hard to part with that much green but it's a great value.

I paid more and do not regret it a bit.

Thanks TMann, that's what I was thinking too, the impulse to tear my pocket open and whip out my wallet was strong when he told me he was considering a sale but resisted till I could run it by you guys first. I'll snatch them up tomorrow night.

Hat

Airspeed is Life -

:cool: - Having lots of it

is Better!

make sure there the recent drawings current to 2006 if you can

and make sure all the pages are present especially the spar layup and construction ones as you will more than certainly want those

Colin, Thanks for the tips. TMann said there were 99 pages: I'll count 4 sets of 20 and a 19. Not sure if these are current thru 2006, but I'm sure they will prove more than sufficient for my purposes.

Hat

Airspeed is Life -

:cool: - Having lots of it

is Better!

Mak790, Love the Locost Super Seven

Regards, Chrissi & Randi

Thanks but actualiy it isn't locost its my own design but all of these cars are very similar (lotus 7, caterham, westfield, locost etc) I also did some assembly video in Autodesk Inventor you can watch it here

Btw I'm going to make similar video but this time It will be Long/Open-Ez assembly (4 CanardZone community) and because I need to learn Solidworks, probably this time I'll make it in Solidworks .

Mak

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah ........ that's old news.

There was a sale several years ago and the Idea was to turn it ino a UAV.

I've seen video of it landing on it's own. Most buyers would be military so you won't be buying a kit from them in the near future.

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

the website was still up thow for support, but know its not there anymore...

for the companie, it is old news for sure!

still would be interrested in a set of plans and stuff to build the thing, at least having some of the improvements for long-ez mods (carbon wing and canard, io540 installation and more...) and understand the mods and the engineering behind also

Found the video

http://www.genaero.com/video/Berkut_Autoflight.wmv

Geneva aerospace seams to be a subsidiary of L3

More vids here:

http://www.genaero.com/news/vid.htm

If you want a copy of the drawings, get yourself a $grand$ and contact John Griffiths.

See the Drawings paragraph on this page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070607193254/www.berkutengineering.com/pages/support.html

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory