Tracing tip

Big Steve

Maybe some one had done this but I have not read about it. I wanted to not ruin my full size M-drawings that I bought from acs. So I bought some carbon paper from office Max. ($7.00) Kind of spendy I thought. Then I bought a little serrated patern wheel from JoAnnes Fabrics. It has a serated edges on the blade they are not very sharp. Put the M drawing over the foam to be cut with the carbon paper in between used a couple of tacks to keep it from moving around just went around the drawing with the little wheel. It leaves an easy to read line on the foam. It also works on a glassed surface but not as dark. I also found that JoAnnes sell heavy clear plastic on rolls. It is 50" wide and pretty heavy I dont know how many mills. I used it to cover my work table. Tried to use it as Poor mans vacumm bagging I did not like the way it turned out though so I wont do that again.

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

This is the Place where I am putting pictures it is a nice help for us non computer old guys. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

Working on Chapter 19,21

That's a good one, but doesn't it still "semi-ruin" the drawings? I just cut them up, keeping the half-sized originals. $50 well spent either way IMO.

Posted Image

Grabbed that from one of Bernard Siu's web pages.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Jon:

It does not hurt the pages as bad as you would think. I did not want to cut them up they keep a lot better if I can keep them all the same. Finished my front seat bulkhead today and got f-22 and f-28 glassed on the aft side. I am loving these dritz scissors. When I built my longeze back in the old days I did all my trimming with the big scissors recommend by the plans it took forever. I bet if I tried the fein tool I would have to have one of those two. STevePosted Image

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

Working on Chapter 19,21

Jon:

I bet if I tried the fein tool I would have to have one of those two.

I bet you would too !!!

One of the best tools you should have. You will not regret it. The sooner the better, just like the Dritz. Did I mention how much I like the Fien Tool?

Kraig

I bet you would too !!!

I always thought the Fein tool was more valuable, but that may be due to the fact that I've hardly ever cut glass with regular scissors. The Dritz (or clone) is great, and I'm sure the Black & Decker model works well too.

Did I mention how much I like the Fien Tool?

Nein. ;)

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV