IBIS completions...

H.Zwakenberg

Hi Group,

out of curiosity, I started to assemble a list of known IBIS completions. If you point your browser to my IBIS homebuilt aircraft project page, you'll find the completions as a submenu under 'nice to know'. Please excuse me for not pointing you directly to the RJ.03 IBIS completions page; sometimes my ISP apparently has intermittent problems with deep linking...

The current IBIS completions list is tiny by any measure. It reflects that many builders indeed need quite a few years to complete their project. The list should grow more rapidly now. A case in point is 2006. One maiden flight so far and two more completions that will probably make their maiden flight this year. If these come through, 2006 will have been the best IBIS year to date, showing that momentum is increasing.

As I wrote, the list is tiny by any measure; please take into consideration that the European homebuilder scene cannot be compared with the US situation.

Take care, fly safe!

bye

Hans

• 1 year later...

Hi Group,

Jean Claude Junqua informed me that Kranj/Slovenia based Janez Pintar made the first flight with his IBIS (registered as S5-MMA) last February.

After some initial re-rigging of one of his vertical stabilisers, Janez now has an IBIS that flies flawlessly.

Congratulations Janez!

take care, fly safe...

Hans

• 5 months later...

Hi Group,

on July 18, 2008, another IBIS made its maiden flight. This time it was Michel Dupuy (based in Tarbes, where the TBM-700 turboprops are produced) who took F-PXPY through its paces.

On the first three days Michel flew F-PXPY for almost three hours. Since then flying & testing proceeded swiftly, so that by now the initial restrictions should have been flown off.

cheers,

Hans

H.

Havent gone to your website but I am just wondering why your avator is a witch on her broom flying around in her corset and knickers? Are guys with Ibis' into this kind of thing?...Or is there a pusher prop And a foldable canard on that broom we can't see? ;)

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

H.

Havent gone to your website but I am just wondering why your avator is a witch on her broom flying around in her corset and knickers? Are guys with Ibis' into this kind of thing?...Or is there a pusher prop And a foldable canard on that broom we can't see? ;)

Hi Edge,

no, IBIS flyers aren't into this sort of thing. If I remember correctly, this 'habit' was developed by pilots flying WWII bombers that originated west of the Atlantic Ocean... ;)

If this is to your taste, you can find the complete picture I took some years back on: http://ibis.experimentals.de/aviationpicturegalleries/b53681498480cf36071.jpg The kinky lady was depicted on the rudder of a French registered Mignet HM-293 Flying Flea that was built by a fellow Dutchman.

I appreciate the artwork - so I use it here and there, and your questions prove it works...!

cheers

Hans

I hope to see one on your Ibis someday!..:D

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.