Chap. 7

CFernandez

Are pieces C and D on the AeroCanard FG extended to the outside edge of the firewall or do they terminate at the same place as the SB.

If they extend out to the FG firewall it seems to me the lower engine mount will not be supported in the same fashion. Should there be something else??

Help.:confused:

Carlos Fernandez

AeroCanard FG

Plans #206

Chp. 13

aerocanard.kal-soft.com

Sales & Support

GRT Avionics

By "pieces C and D", do you mean the NACA scoop pieces? Can you be a bit more specific? What section?

I did notice that the AeroCanard plans in this section are particularly NOT well OCR'd from their Cozy counterparts. For example "Q in." should be "3 in." Also, check Cozy Newsletter #78 for some corrections.

Assuming they don't work, give me a better picture and I'll take a closer look.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Just got off the phone with Jeff R. He said to make it just like the drawing shows and not to extend it out to the lower longeron. He also said the lower longeron was orginally the engine mount on the variez and currently the reinforcement for the step bolts.:P

Onward...:)

P.S. I was referring to the plywood pieces (C and D) that go between the aft lg and firewall.

Carlos Fernandez

AeroCanard FG

Plans #206

Chp. 13

aerocanard.kal-soft.com

Sales & Support

GRT Avionics

Cool... glad you worked it out.

I was referring to the plywood pieces (C and D) that go between the aft lg and firewall.

Ah, I see. I misread the plans.

There are a number of mistakes in the AeroCanard plans that I noticed while trying to catch up w/you here. I would find it very frustrating trying to decode some of these mistypes. Another example:

From this point the curvature transitions to DID at the firewall.

You probably decoded that to understand that it refers to the D-D view, but at first glance I thought it meant BID. I would go nuts trying to figure that stuff out.

You might want to consider purchasing Cozy Mark IV plans to verify the copy (which is supposed to be 99% the same).

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I'm actually still stumped. If the plywood goes in like the drawing shows I won't be able to put in the reinforcement glass in Chap. 9. Arrrggghhh...

I'll get it worked out but this one has me puzzled.

Carlos Fernandez

AeroCanard FG

Plans #206

Chp. 13

aerocanard.kal-soft.com

Sales & Support

GRT Avionics

I'm actually still stumped. If the plywood goes in like the drawing shows I won't be able to put in the reinforcement glass in Chap. 9. Arrrggghhh...

I'll get it worked out but this one has me puzzled.

Part C installs between the aft LG bulkhead and firewall. The tapered edge points up (when the fuselage is upside down). The inside surface of C should basically be an extension of the inside surface on your fuselage sides. Make it flat and put something there temporarily while it cures. Adjust the taper and size of C to fit the curvature of the two bulkheads.

Part D also has a tapered edge that when installed touches the tapered edge of part C. It spans between the bulkheads and over to the foam for the NACA scoop.

I am not sure where you feel that this interferes with the Chapter 9 layups?