Using Featherlite Strake Leading Edges

cz4bldr

On the LongEZ - NONE. Just don,t cut them short. :irked: I now have a policy, "Don't cut anything until you can no proceed without cutting"

The only thing different was, I glued a couple support sticks vertically inside the leading edges to hold their proper shape. while assembling. The sticks are still in the tanks after ten years.

"Close enough for Government work"

1) Measure it with amicrometer.

2) Mark it with a crayon

3) Cut it with an ax

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

Waiter,

Thanks for your response. I'm wondering how similar are the pre-fab strake LE's for the Long-EZ and the Cozy. Anyone out there with a Cozy MkIV that has the Featherlite strake leading edges who can shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

Terry Winnett, Capt, USAF

Cozy MkIV #792

RAF Lakenheath, U.K.

Anyone know if they're down for some reason?

I've emailed them at fthrlite@pacific.net twice in the last month asking for information (general stuff...what they offer and how much it costs), and have gotten no reply.

Thanks...

======

Not started yet, maybe never will (currently having an affair with an RV project...shhh...don't tell my set of Cozy plans)....

Anyone know if they're down for some reason?

I've emailed them at fthrlite@pacific.net twice in the last month asking for information (general stuff...what they offer and how much it costs), and have gotten no reply.

Thanks...

The phone is the best way to contact FL. They don't use email much.

• 1 year later...

The Feather Lite stakes for the Long Ez have an additional angle built into them. The Cozy Strakes are strait from BL 67.5 to the Fuse, while the Long has an additional (steeper) angle where the baggage compartment/fuel tank meet.

Both are formed using pre-preg and foam, and are supplied with the inner laminates bonded to the foam and formed, but without the outside laminates. They are quite easy to use, and are of (consistently) excellent quality.