Members and their Canard Interests

This graph shows which canards our members are building, flying, or just interested in (as of October 30, 2004):

Member-Plane%20Stats,%202004-10-30.gif

You can change your primary interest by logging in, clicking your user name in the upper right of any page, and then selecting 'My Profile' which will then allow you to select the 'Edit Profile' button where you can change your personal information.

Edited by Jon Matcho
Updated to current software

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• 6 months later...

This graph shows which canards our members are building, flying, or just interested in (as of May 27, 2005):

Member-Plane%20Stats,%202005-05-27.gif

If you're one of the members who have not yet selected an interest, or would like to change your interest, be sure to update your profile information (see previous post).

Edited by Jon Matcho
Updated to reflect current software.

• 6 months later...

I should be able to get to an update of this in the coming days, when I rework the setup of some of the Canard Zone's hardware environment. Shouldn't take too long.

Or, I can say that I'm waiting for 12/31/2005 for a good milestone to do this. :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

Are we still waiting ? :)

I live in my own little world! but its OK, they know me here!

Chris Van Hoof, Johannesburg, South Africa operate from FASY (Baragwanath)

Cozy Mk IV, ZU-CZZ, IO-360 (200hp) 70x80 prop

Are we still waiting ? :)

Ouch! :o I hope no one was holding their breath!

This graph shows which canards our members are building, flying, or just interested in (as of May 22, 2008):

Posted Image

I did away with the "undecided" category because that was making for a difficult to read graph.

If you're one of the members who have not yet selected an interest, or would like to change your interest, you can do so through the User Control Panel.

Ouch! :o I hope no one was holding their breath!

Jon, please get rid of the 3D graphing. If you're not graphing 3 parameters, you don't need 3 dimensions. Read Edward Tufte's "The Visual Display of Quantitative Information".

Without the 3rd dimension, the histogram will be a lot easier to read and understand.

Jon, please get rid of the 3D graphing.

You've been burning on that since 2004???

Whole bunch of members made their mind up since the last graph, oh, I see they've BEEN DELETED!!! Cruel Moderator...

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Thank you for the update! please present in any manner you like, it's just plain interesting :cool:

Well Done and thanks for keeping the Forum going!

So in line with the normal internet discussions, i now have a question resultant from the above info ...

How many of these members are real? I note that today we have 7,415 members (wow, that's a lot) on the Forum, now I also notice that some look like trawlers when the appear to resgister ... how do we know?

Regards

Jon, please get rid of the 3D graphing.

Okay, next update!

If you're not graphing 3 parameters, you don't need 3 dimensions.

Totally agree, but I was trying to (a) be 'cutesy', and (b) maintain consistency from prior versions. Since there haven't been any complaints in YEARS, I thought all was good. How wrong I was! ;)

Read Edward Tufte's "The Visual Display of Quantitative Information".

That guy is an absolute talent (to say very little) www.edwardtufte.com

Whole bunch of members made their mind up since the last graph, oh, I see they've BEEN DELETED!!! Cruel Moderator...

No member has been deleted. I think it's from people changing their minds, as I did in going from Custom Canard to Cozy Mark IV.

How many of these members are real? I note that today we have 7,415 members (wow, that's a lot) on the Forum, now I also notice that some look like trawlers when the appear to resgister ... how do we know?

All members represented in the graph (633) are real. Add that to 514 that have not declared their plane brings total membership to 1,147 people (real humans who have fully registered here). Not all of these 1,147 people participate, and some may even be deceased. However, deleting an account changes any corresponding posts to show as made by 'Guest', so people in that category (left us, but having made at least one post) will not ever be deleted.

This leaves the bulk of the 7,415 registered users number consisting of the following:

• mostly spambots which are not allowed to become official members
  • real people that have signed up, but have never posted -- they can still read and visit the forum (and may do from time to time), but just haven't posted yet.
I would like to prune the 7,415 number of registered users, but need to think through the process a bit:

• Send a mass email, telling everyone to make a post or fall off
  • Wait 15 days (maybe a 2nd reminder in there)
  • Prune

Well Done and thanks for keeping the Forum going!

Thank YOU and everyone else -- I enjoy reading everyone's posts, trials, progress, insights, experiences, crazy mod ideas, etc., as much as anyone! I enjoy the email lists as well, but nothing beats this guy:

:brocolli:

Hey, no skin of me if they remain in the 7415, the graph then seems correct :) Thanks for updating.

I'm having fun here, never mind the numbers.

Who really cares that they are totally correct, OK, maybe MZ ;):)

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

Is it not amazing how time flies!

:)

No kidding. It seems as if I have just found this forum and was a complete noob. Now, about seven years later (give or take), I feel as if I am one of the veterans. My plane is even pretty darn close to flight;) Even though my build is halted, for the most part, due to the City of Houston kicking us out of our hangar for a while during the repair of the roof, a result of Hurricane Ike.

Not at a complete stop though, I hope. I think I can get a lot of my avionics wired up on my kitchen table, since my Velocity panel was removed before I placed my baby....uh, I mean plane on the big lonely ramp all tied down. It is the first time she has been out of a nice, secure hangar <sniff>.

So, may we have an update? Please.

All the best,

Chris Barber

Houston, GSOT

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...