Defiant E-mail List

Jon Matcho

Attention Defiant fans and builders!

An e-mail list exists for Defiant builders and flyers, which can be found here: https://canardzone.groups.io/g/defiants

The Defiant was Rutan Aircraft Factory's last homebuilt and one that Burt Rutan took pride in building, and served as inspiration for the Voyager, Starship and others.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Hi. I was asked to visit this site to say that.

I built and fly a Defiant, and while I can't think of where the aircraft specs might be found online, I probably could scan an old Rutan flyer and post it. But the numbers in the Rutan flyer don't mean alot due to differing weights, shapes, etc. Contrary to one of the posts I read, there are probably more than 30 flying world wide. And there are 6 or 7 that are "almost done." Look for a bunch more Defiants at Oshkosh in the next few years. They take forever to build but they are worth it.

Harry Manvel

Defiant N2HM

• 11 years later...

Hello

My friend and I bought the late Mr. Baker's partially completed Rutan Defiant project. His family told us he was an aircraft engineer for Boeing and some of you may already be familiar with him as he was very active in the Defiant community. We have complete Defiant plans and are able to offer complete plan sets including updates. We also have patterns. We may also be interested in selling the Defiant project aircraft. There are too many parts and details to list here but photos and descriptions are available to serious inquiries.

Sent from my iPhone